Does God approve of abortion?
According to a press release by Planned Parenthood, God is fine with abortion and will love you no matter what you do.
In a report in “Worthy News”, Religious leaders who support abortion on demand have written a pastoral letter to women who are thinking about ending their pregnancies to assure them of God’s love regardless of the decisions they make, according to Christian Today. The letter was penned by the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah Clergy Advisory Board; members of the board insist that abortion is morally permissible.
“We believe as religious persons that no one can make a choice for or against abortion except the woman herself. No one knows the circumstances of your life, as well as you, know them; no one knows what is in your heart better than you,” the letter states without taking into consideration that God is not only loving but omniscient as well. “We believe as religious persons that the decision to have an abortion will not change God’s relationship with you. We believe that God loves you….”
Let’s see what the Bible actually has to say about this:
The core of evangelical faith is based on both the Old and New Testament known as the Bible. The foundation of the Christian belief starts with the creation of male and female (man and woman) and the commandment God gave to them to be fruitful and reproduce.(See Genesis 1)
Abortion is the intentional ending of the natural fruit of the womb, the unborn child. Thus, it is the exact opposite of God’s intent for marriage. Next, in Exodus 20, we see that God gives Moses the 10 Commandments. These are not 10 suggestions, but 10 exact commandments that every believer is to adhere to religiously.
1: ‘You shall have no other gods before Me.’
2: ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image….(items worshiped instead of God)’
3: ‘You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.’
4: ‘Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.’
5: ‘Honor your father and your mother.’
6: ‘You shall not murder.’
7: ‘You shall not commit adultery.’
8: ‘You shall not steal.’
9: ‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.’
10: ‘You shall not covet your neighbor’s house…..(items).’
These 10 commandments are at the base of all judicial law. “Thou shalt not murder.” Thus, we know that murder, shooting one another in anger or robbery will get you the death sentence. Abortion is killing an innocent unborn child.
What Planned Parenthood’s clergy are doing is using the Bible to achieve their end result. But, by saying an abortion will not change God’s relationship with you, is nothing less than a lie or bearing a false witness.
Look what is said in Leviticus 20:4-5
And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech*, and kill him not: (v5) Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people. What were the families doing that spurned God’s wrath? Taking their newborn child to the altar to be thrown in the fires of worship to the Egyptian god Molech.
Look what the Psalm 127:3-5 has to say:
3 Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed,
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; (v19) I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. It does not seem the clergy for Planned Parenthood have read this verse.
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Abortion destroys what God has created.
Look at Psalm 106:35-40
35 But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.
36 And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
37 Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38 And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
39 Thus were they defiled with their own works and went a whoring with their own inventions.
40 Therefore was the wrath of the Lord kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
From what you see in the Bible, understand that abortion does sin against God, the creator of all life. Thus, it harms your soul, it wounds your soul.
This is why almost 1 million women and men seek after abortion recovery support from over 4000 pregnancy resource centers nationwide every year! Abortion does hurt!
Does sin create a broken relationship with God? Yes, it does. So, is there any hope if you have had an abortion?
Yes, there is:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken Godʼs law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7: 20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”
The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Jesus Christ, John 3:16).
1. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
2. If you are willing to trust Christ as your Saviour, please pray the following prayer:
Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life. Amen.